EUCAST Network Laboratories
The EUCAST AST Network Laboratories form two separate loosely constructed networks of microbiology laboratories with particular expertise and training in EUCAST Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST) for bacteria and EUCAST Antifungal Susceptibility Testing (AFST) methods, respectively.
EUCAST Network Laboratories are committed to help develop, validate and troubleshoot EUCAST AST/AFST methods and/or to help train and educate other laboratories in EUCAST methods. These laboratories will also play an important role in the development of improved methods and/or assist clinical breakpoint development by providing species-specific MIC datasets.
Not all EUCAST Network laboratories will offer the same services or skills. Some may specialize in educating laboratory staff. Others may be specialized in tests on particular organisms, resistance mechanisms or in methodological development.
EUCAST AST network laboratories
- Southmead Hospital , Bristol, UK (Contact - Karen Bowker).
- Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden (Contact - Christian Giske).
- Acibadem Labmed Clinical Laboratories, Istanbul, Turkey (Contact - Onur Karatuna).
- Clinical microbiology, Kalmar Hospital, Sweden (Contact - Annika Wistedt).
- Clinical Microbiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark (Contact - Mikala Wang).
- Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain (Contact - Rafael Cantón).
- analyse BioLab, Linz, Austria (Contact - Petra Apfalter).
- Clinical Microbiology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norge (Contact - Torunn Sneide Haukeland).
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway (Contact - Anita Løvås Brekken).
- University of Verona, Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, Italy(Contact - Annarita Mazzariol).
- Provincial Laboratory for Public Health (Microbiology), Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Contact - Tanis Dingle).
- Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Detection of Antimicrobial Resistance, University Hospital of North Norway (Contact - Ørjan Samuelsen).
- Laboratorio di Batteriologia Speciale, Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Sardegna, Sassari, Italy (Contact - Stefano Lollai).
- Department of Microbiology, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, Norway (Contact Dagfinn Skaare)
EUCAST AFST (yeasts and moulds) network laboratories
- Spanish Mycology Reference Laboratory, Spain (Contact - M Cuenca-Estrella)
- Unité de Parasitologie - Mycologie, Service de Microbiologie. Hopital Européen Georges Pompidou, France (Contact - E Dannaoui)
- Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Department, Gregorio Marañón Hospital, Madrid, Spain (Contact - J Guinea)
- National Reference Centre for Invasive Mycoses , Germany (Contact - O Kurzai)
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Athens, Greece (Contact - J Meletiadis)
- Mycology Reference Centre, Manchester, UK (Contact - C Moore)
- Erasmus MC - Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Netherlands (Contact - W van de Sande)
- Mycology Research Laboratory & UOA/HCPF culture collection, Dept Microbiology, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (Contact - A Velegraki)
- Radboud MC, The Netherlands (Contact – P Verweij)
- Division of Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria (Contact – C Lass-Flörl)
- Laboratory of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Romania (Contact – Mihai Mares)