Development and validation of EUCAST Disk Diffusion breakpoints
The EUCAST Disk Diffusion test was developed by EUCAST during 2009 - 2013 under the auspices of ESCMID and with the help of many laboratories. The help of these laboratories is gratefully acknowledged.
The files below list material and graphs used for determining zone diameter breakpoints to match MIC breakpoints (Example 1). Also all MIC and zone diameter data are entered in the EUCAST MIC- and Zone diameter distribution program.
All files were updated 3 March 2017 (breakpoints checked against Breakpoint table 7.0 and new graphs added; files for Coagulase negative staphylococci and Staphylococcus pseudintermedius will be added soon). MIC values were determined with broth micro dilution.
- Salmonella spp (pefloxacin)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Pseudomonas non-aeruginosa
- Acinetobacter spp
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphyococcus, Coagulase negative
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus
- Staphylococcus pseudintermedius
- Enterococcus spp
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Streptococcus pneumoniae and screen for betalactam resistance
- Streptococcus viridans
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Haemophilus influenzae and screen for betalactam resistance
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Pasteurella multocida
- Campylobacter spp
- Corynebacterium spp
- Aerococcus sanguinicola and urinae
- Kingella kingae
Older versions can be obtained from the web master.